Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Wednesday, November 8

Chicago, IL: The Sequel


I made it back up to the windy (foggy, chilly) city to see a couple old friends. I’d already been through once, but I wasn’t able to get a hold of anyone then so I’m glad I made the drive.

JS took me to play Whirlyball the first night I was there. Whirlyball is this wonderful game that’s sort of a cross between hockey, lacrosse and basketball played in bumper cars by drunk people. I have to say, at first I was sort of leery, then I was a little drunk, then I was having a great time. The bruises on my hips and shins will heal; the glory will live forever.

Other than that, I had one very drunken night (thanks JS, one of the best filets mignon I have ever had (thanks DK) and a museum/walking around downtown day (thanks me).

I like Chicago, its like New York but with a midwest feel to it. The people are friendlier and more open and although the layout of the streets is worse, what with all those diagonals, it is a little easier and a little cheaper to find parking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you remember cousin Julie is in Chicago?

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home