Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Sunday, October 22

Concord, MA


Well, much has happened. I made my way down to Concord, MA to visit MC for a few days and found myself getting a little too comfortable.

I spent a night at an upscale club in Boston drinking 25 year old single malt and being repeatedly amazed at how inept some guys are at talking to women.

I spent a rainy yet beautiful afternoon seeing where the “shot heard round the world” took place. This was the first time colonists fired upon British soldiers. There’s a little patch of earth fenced off that’s actually British land, it’s the spot where a British soldier died a long long time ago.

I spent a day a night and a day on a 32 foot sailboat in Buzzards Bay near Cape Cod. Afterwards I ate pot roast and potatoes and carrots and had a baked apple for dessert.

Then I went to Boston and hopped a bus from Chinatown to Chinatown in NY.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry out to Idaho! Or not, just make it this way at some point, Look forward to hopefully seeing you during your journeys.
Dave

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home