Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Tuesday, October 10

Bozeman, MT


Question: What does one take on a trip around the country if one will be camping/moteling/sleeping in the car/visiting friends in and around small towns/big cities/middle of nowhere for days/weeks/months?

Answer: Too much.

Well, now I’m sitting in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Last night was a bit cold, but I did alright for the most part. There were a couple things I needed, hence the Wal-Mart stop. I’m probably gonna end up shipping a box-o-shit back home. The stuff that was nicely folded and organized into the trunk has somehow exploded all over the backseat and spilled over into the frontseat. I really don’t need as much crap as I brought. You’d think after the 412,576 (rough estimate) roadtrips I’ve taken I would be better at packing for them. The problem is, every trip is a little different and not knowing what sort of feel this one would end up taking I didn’t want to be sitting in the middle of Minnesota thinking, ‘This sure would be paradise had I only remembered to bring my…’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home