Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Friday, October 13

Selby, SD


I have discovered that I get an earlier start on the day when I stay in a motel than when I camp. Camped last night at Lake Hiddenwood State Rec Area east of town. When I went through town the bank clock said it was 31 degrees and that was at 5pm.

I found a site by a little stream that was mostly out of the wind and after staking out my little shelter and spreading out the bedroll went to work making dinner. I browned a pound of hamburger, threw in half a chopped onion and made a couple cups of rice. I made some hot chocolate, mixed the rice and burger together and spent the next 20 minutes trying to decide if it tasted better with hot sauce, soy sauce or plain. I eventually decided it needed cheese and since I had none I choked down what I could and went to bed.

I’m not sure how cold it got, but when I woke up today the stream was frozen over.

This was a boring entry, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home