Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Friday, January 12

Big Piney, WY (again)

Well, I'm home now. I wish I had some deep and insightful understanding of life, the world, or the last three months, I don't. At least not yet. I think I need to get some distance from it all before I can see it in any sort of objective light.

In the meantime enjoy the video below. It's a compilation of my favorite photos from the trip put to music. Stay tuned for a final entry in a week or two.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect Ryan. Beautiful, sad, and fulfilling all in one. Perfect song. Makes me miss you. Love, Lisa

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: Who took the photo's of you posing as an unobservant strong, silent, silhouette of a cowboy?

They look fabulously classic and romantic...until I picture you setting the timer, telling Karl-slash-Mr. Miyagi to keep an eye on the camera, and then running for your life to get into the natural pose of the nonchalant nomadic cowboy.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

To anonymous: some people do things, others just criticize people who do things.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Shorty!! Wish I could have hit a few spots with you! Scott N.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home