Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Tuesday, December 26

Humboldt, CA


Driving through a grove of giant redwoods makes you feel like a mouse must feel when it drives a tiny car through a normal-sized forest like they do in some movies and books, er, ok, not my best analogy. It is a pretty surreal feeling, though. This time of year is rainier than usual so I didn’t take as many photos as I wanted to, but oh well, you get the idea.

When I made camp (a.k.a. parked) I decided to let Mr Kesuke Miyagi (that’s right, there was only one entry in my Name-The-Bonsai contest so SM won) frolic among some of his big brothers and sisters. I set him on the picnic table and not five minutes later I heard a crash. When I looked outside I saw Mr. Kesuke Miyagi had been knocked over. There was only one other campsite occupied, so I figured it wasn’t a gang of ruffians and carnivorous bunny rabbits aren’t known for vandalism so, I got out to see wtf happened. It seems a branch had fallen from one of those big red trees and just happened to hit my sidekick. I took this as an omen from the tree gods, so I tried to light one of them on fire in retaliation. As it turns out, wet trees don’t burn so well. Instead I moved to a spot further from attack-trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home