Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Monday, December 18

Ridgecrest, CA


Such a subdivision-y name for a wind-blown military town in the desert. They should call it Fort Hell Sand or Camp Deathwind, something that really lets a person know what this place is. Woke up to another Walmart parking lot, which I have decided is maybe a half-step less depressing than waking up in a Turkish Prison. After many days of desert isolation it was nice to get a chance to catch up on the chores: groceries, internet, ice for the cooler, laundromat, refuel, Rocinante-cleaning.

Quick movie review: Eragon sucked. The plot was thin and contrived and it depresses me that someone got paid for writing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home