Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Sunday, December 10

Superior, AZ


My magic book of camping sites let me down, then I found a campground not in the book. It’s a weekend so the place is a little busier than I like, but after my performance last night, I don’t mind a little company.

It seems a bit warmer here, but regardless, I’m sure I’ll still wake up in a cold world. The van is nice, but if the temp outside drops down to 30, so does the temp inside. I can stay pretty warm in all my warmies, but there is still that moment in the morning where I crawl out and spend a few minutes freezing.

I’ll be in Phoenix tomorrow and depending on how things go I’ll be there for a few days to a week. From there it’s on to sunny San Diego.

This trip has become less something I’m doing and more something I’ve become. This isn’t a roadtrip so much as its just living on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home