Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Wednesday, December 6

Medicine Lodge, KS


The trip back from Florida was faster and thus, a little less interesting than the trip down. Having a purpose (moving my niece back to Erie) changed the flavor of the traveling, but I had a good time nonetheless, despite the efforts of an annoying little twit (her roommate) throwing a bossy little temper tantrum (beware the carpet police!). We got back Monday afternoon and by Tuesday afternoon the beast was unloaded, reassembled and headed south. I must say, it was strange to look in the mirrors and not see a little white car tucked in behind me.

There has been an addition to the trip, a plucky little bonsai picked up at a roadside stand in Alabama. I haven’t given her a name yet, but I will be taking suggestions. It could be a contest, whoever suggests the winning name wins a… well, nothing actually, this trip is slowly making me broke.

The goal now will be to make my way southwest and eventually Phoenix. Sometime before then I will be stopping for a few days to read/think/relax.

PS I feel like the sunset photos are sort of a copout, I mean, its just too easy to get a dramatic shot, however, this one was a little more special. I was driving towards (into?) the sunset and got to really study how the day decayed into some of the most intense crimsons before giving way to night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is my suggestion...Mr. Kesuke Miyagi

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home