Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Tuesday, December 12

Phoenix, AZ

As with every post about a city where I was visiting friends, I don’t really know what to write. I was hoping to see three friends while I was in town. As it turns out, I only had two. I think the third was just a girl I used to know, and that’s about as far as it ever went. It was nice, though, the warmth of a couple friends, a couple hot showers, and being in a town I knew my way around.

Its been about a year since I left this town to head to a womanless land where winter lasts 8 months. I don’t regret leaving, but I have to admit, big city life has its benefits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home