Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Thursday, December 14

Salton Sea, CA



The main reason I had to see this was because the movie of the same name was pretty good. When I pulled up to the beach my first impression was of how still the water was. This lake is so big you can't see all the way across it in some parts yet the water stirred hardly a jot. When I got out and began walking towards the waterline I noticed the hordes of seagulls and when I got closer I saw the carpet of tiny dead fish all the way down the shore. The smell was overwhelming, but not overwhelming enough to chase me away from a truly breathtaking view.

If not for the odor I probably would have camped there, but as it was I stole a few photos and moved on, much to the dismay of the camp host. In actuality the dismay probably had more to do with the fact that I didn't pay the six dollar day-use fee. Damn The Man, Save The Empire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home