Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Wednesday, December 13

Yuma, AZ


I didn’t make it far today, but where I ended up was worth it. Mittry Lake might be the prettiest free campground I’ve been to. The above photo does not do it justice. I bet summer would be almost unbearable here, but December is working out nicely.

There are a few other campers, but not many, not on a Wednesday. After the sunset a few bloodsucking bugs came out, but the temp dropped (as it does in the desert) fast enough that it was a short-lived issue. I was thinking of staying here for a day or two but I’ve been enjoying the hum of tires on asphalt.

Initially I was thinking that I’d head straight to San Diego when I left here but after some consideration my “plans” have changed. I’ve been to San Diego several times and while it is beautiful, I’m feeling the need to see some new horizons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home