Sorta Songlines

I love you baby, but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me

He made a Ramblin' Man.

Some folks might say that I'm no good

That I wouldn't settle down if I could

But when that open road starts to callin' me

There's somethin' o'er the hill that I gotta see

Sometimes it's hard but you gotta understand

When the Lord made me, He made a Ramblin' Man.

~ Hank Williams Sr.

Tuesday, December 19

Morro Bay, CA


I pulled into the state park in town, fully resigned to coughing up the cash to camp. The check-in booth was empty but had a list of unoccupied sites and a reminder to check in and pay the $20 fee by 10am. I meandered through the park and found a spot amongst all the families enjoying their x-mas break. First I cooked: chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, hot chocolate. Then I watched TV (Rocinante has a flip down TV) and sipped Scotch. Then I took a hot shower. Then I realized all that was left was to sleep, and I could do that anywhere. Then I left and found a nice little side street where I could sleep and keep my $20.

The next morning I found a camera shop in San Luis Obispo where I could get my camera cleaned. Afterwards I went back to Morro Bay and gave my day to the ocean. In return she gave me the sunset.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my little brother is one of the neatest, cleverest, coolest guys on this planet! I love you! Merry Christmas Baby Brother. Enjoy the ocean a little for me, too.
~ Amy

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home